Travelers can soon take in Europe’s historic destinations from a bold, new perspective onboard the amplified Allure of the Seas. Royal Caribbean International has revealed the signature feats and innovative adventures coming to the renowned Oasis Class ship as part of a 58-day, $165 million transformations.
Guests will be able to conquer a continent’s worth of adventures and come back for more with Allure’s upcoming lineup of new features, including:
- The Ultimate Abyss, the tallest slide at sea
- The Perfect Storm trio of waterslides
- Adventure Ocean kids and teens space
- The first Giovanni’s Italian Kitchen & Wine Bar
- Quantum Class original Music Hall
Reimagined as the ultimate summer vacation in Europe, Allure will open its season of 7-night Western Mediterranean cruises from homeport Barcelona, Spain on May 10, 2020.
Bold Family Adventure Activities
Whether the moment calls for thrills or relaxation, vacationers sailing on the amplified Allure of the Seas can test their courage or sit back at the Pool and Sports Zone neighborhood that will now tout the perfect family day out. Feature highlights include:
- The 10-story Ultimate Abyss, the tallest slide at sea
- The Perfect Storm trio of waterslides, Typhoon, Cyclone, and Supercell
- Splashaway Bay kids aquapark, featuring twin drench buckets, three waterslides, fountains, pools, water cannons and a Splash Pad for tots
- Reimagined pool deck, complete with The Lime & Coconut signature bar across two locations. A wider variety of seating and shade with cabana-like “casitas,” daybeds, hammocks, and swing seats. Additionally, new whirlpools on the top deck, and a reinvigorated, adults-only Solarium
- All-new Adventure Ocean, where younger kids can choose their own immersive adventures. The major makeover will bring to life interactive, personalized and unexpected activities. Additionally, features include:
1.Whimsical rooms with climbable creations at Play Place
2. Hands-on art, science and tech fun at Workshop
3. Friendly competition in physical, interactive games at Arena
4. The Hangout, to chill and make new friends over gaming consoles
5. AO Babies for babies and tots, and experiential activities at the multipurpose AO Junior space specially designed for 3- to 5-year-old
- Maxed-out teen spaces, debuting a 360-degree transformation, with a secret speakeasy-like entrance leading into an exclusive lounge with gaming consoles, music, movies, places to hang out and a new outdoor deck.
- Glow-in-the-dark laser tag in Clash for the Crystal City and Royal Escape Room – Apollo 18: Lunar Landing. An out-of-this-world expedition that challenges guests to solve puzzle after puzzle before time runs out.
A World of Flavors
Allure will deliver more restaurants, casual spots, and bars joining the already-diverse offering of specialty and complimentary options.
- Giovanni’s Italian Kitchen & Wine Bar – a new take on a guest-favorite. It will offer the beloved family-style, rustic dining experience, the enhanced menu of Italian staples, complete with hand-tossed pizza from the new in-house pizza oven, an expansive charcuterie station. Additionally, a wide selection of wines and limoncellos
- Portside BBQ will serve up a menu inspired by popular barbecue styles across the United States. However, which includes brisket, pulled pork, chicken, burnt ends, mac and cheese, homestyle cornbread and more.
- Playmakers Sports Bar & Arcade for game day watch parties on big-screen TVs, tournaments, bar bites with a twist and ice-cold brews.
- El Loco Fresh, featuring casual Mexican “street fare”
- Sugar Beach, the sweetest spot on board with more than 220 types of candy and ice cream
- Bionic Bar by Makr Shakr, manned by two robot bartenders shaking up classic cocktails and custom orders.
After a day of exploring iconic destinations and channeling their inner adventurer, guests can go out for a “night on the town” and find new venues added to the nightlife offered onboard.
- Music Hall, a Quantum Class favorite, will take live music to the next level with revolving setlists and cover bands, ample lounge seating on two levels. Additionally, with a room to rock out on the dance floor.
- Spotlight Karaoke, the dedicated karaoke bar with both main stage and private room experiences will feature thousands of songs to choose from, music trivia and themed nights
Beginning May 2020, Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas’ 7-night Western Mediterranean cruises sailing roundtrip from Barcelona will visit must-see cities. However, Palma de Mallorca, Spain; Provence (Marseille), France; Florence/Pisa (La Spezia), Rome(Civitavecchia) and Naples/Capri, Italy.
In November 2020, Allure will make its way coast to coast to Miami for the winter season. Sailing from Royal Caribbean’s state-of-the-art Terminal A, the reimagined ship will offer 7-night Eastern and Western Caribbean cruises. However, many of the ship’s Caribbean itineraries will include visits to the cruise line’s new private island destination in The Bahamas, Perfect Day at CocoCay.
Discover Society Islands with Paul Gauguin Cruises Special Offer
Disney Cruise Line sails to Tropical Destinations during Festive Holidays
New Braunfels – destination for generations of families
Cool tips on Fashion, Diet, and Lifestyle – Karina Miller