“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow mindedness., and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts.” – Mark Twain
DutyFreeList in conversation with Young, Wild and Carefree travel blogger, Jannik Obenhoff
What were the 3 most memorable experiences you had in the year 2018?
- Roadtripping through Norway with my best friend and shooting in a lot of places I always dreamed of photographing.
- Visiting Shanghai. Usually, I only do landscape photography but when I had the opportunity to visit this mega city it was so refreshing to shot some urban stuff and get creative again.
- And for me, personal one of the most memorable experience was also my graduation from school. 🙂
Do you have a bucket list for 2019? If so, what are the 5 things on it?
- Bucket list places: France (Alps), Greenland, Taiwan
- Hike more and sleep more in the mountains
- Surfing in Portugal/Spain
What has been your favourite luxury travel destination?
Taiwan. Every hotel I stayed was perfect. Amazing food, amazing location and amazing buildings. Also the people in Taiwan were always super friendly.
We surely know you’re travel expert, Share 1 secret (exposé) you want to reveal to your fans who see your picture-perfect Instagram 😊?
Don´t just photograph everything and every time, also enjoy the moment without your camera or mobile phone in the hand.
What’s totally different experience you want to dive-in 2019? A suggestion for travel enthusiasts? Places, experiences?
I want to photograph more people and tell their stories.
How do you manage to travel in such a small age?
I often get invited by tourism brands to photograph in their region or I’m on assignment for a brand.
But I also travel a lot on my own costs.