Whyte & Mackay’s award-winning Jura Single Malt Whisky has invited consumers to ‘Say Hello to Jura’, with two disruptive activations in Hong Kong and Taiwan International Airports.
Experience of the Travellers
Throughout the months of May and June, travelers passing through the hubs experienced:
- A glimpse of island life
- Interactive displays
- Product sampling
- Point of purchase display credited with driving notable increases in sales volume and value for the brand
Created in partnership with retailers Duty Zero by CDFL at Hong Kong International Airport (HKIA) and Tasa Meng Duty at Taiwan Taoyuan Airport (TPE). Therefore, the experiences were designed to:
- Capture the imagination of travelers
- Transporting them to the tiny island home of Jura’s Distillery, a remote location off the West Coast of Scotland. Above all, it includes only one road, one pub, one distillery, and about 212 people
“Jura’s story lends itself to the travel retail environment, where people are already in a travel mindset, with time to spare. Therefore, they can spend time sharing our story before they take flight. Providing them interactive experiences as they travel virtually to our tiny island home that’s truly a long way from ordinary.” Pierre Dubus, Whyte & Mackay Marketing Manager for Travel Retail APAC.
Attractions at Jura Store
At HKIA Jura products are displayed alongside:
- An eye-catching full-sized traditional boat
- Complete with fishing nets
- Lobster traps designed to encourage traveler ‘selfies’
- Real-time Polaroid printing
- Tastings from in-house brand ambassadors
- There is also a special on-pack QR code, takes consumers virtually to the tiny island. Learn more about the distillery and the whiskeys, by simply scanning a code on their mobile
At TPE, Taiwan’s largest and busiest airport, the lead feature drawing in customers for selfies is a quad bike. It is a popular mode of transport on the island. However, this visually-disruptive installation has been successful in catching passenger attention and driving footfall to the store.
Alongside the activations, consumers can sample:
- The full Sherry Cask Collection
- The newly launched Jura 21 Years Old Time
- The Jura 28 Years Old
- Jura Rare Vintage 1989
Above all, the brand has created beautiful gifts with purchase (GWP) in the form of a branded travel bag and a branded whiskey flask, to add value and on-shelf appeal. Now available at both airports.
However, Jura will roll out its in-store activation concept to wider travel retail locations later this year. Travelers from London, Edinburgh, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Paris, and Dubai airports to ‘Say Hello to Jura’ before taking to the skies.
Jura unveils two 21 years old expressions to celebrate their new island home
Chabot shares the Art of Armagnac with consumers and customers in Taiwan
Ricola announces ASPAC listings and steps further success at TFWA Singapore
Johnnie Walker Blue Label Ghost And Rare Glenury Royal
Caribou Coffee reveals New RTD Cold Brew Coffee in Premium Cans