Bonterra Organic Vineyards (“Bonterra”) announces the launch of The Elysian Collection (“Elysian”), a new, ultra-premium label from hand-selected lots of organically farmed grapes. Signaling the ongoing evolution of Bonterra – continuing to imagine, create and share quality wines. Above all, Elysian will make its official debut as a wine sponsor at Grand Wailea Maui’s Fire it Up! BBQ of the Pacific on July 20.
The Elysian Collection offers elevated wines from certified organic grapes, and Bonterra’s legacy of conscientious farming practices ensures that consumers discover articulated flavors and a consistently high level of quality in the bottle. The collection’s inaugural wine is the 2016 Elysian Collection Merlot, a blend of organic grapes from hand-selected lots, including estate-grown fruit. Additionally, with a suggested retail price is $25. Elysian Merlot is available online and will soon be available in select markets across the country.
“Consumers today are becoming more selective about the wine they consume, and that means better understanding farming practices and knowing the purveyors are good stewards of the land,” said Stephanie Peachey, vice president, luxury portfolio at Fetzer Vineyards, which crafts Bonterra. “Bonterra has been farming organically for 30 years, and the time felt right to launch a new wine label that highlights this heritage of thoughtful farming while also showcasing the outstanding quality of organically farmed wines.”
The Elysian Collection 2016 Merlot Tasting Note
However, Elysian Merlot opens with a harmonious chorus of black plum, carob, raspberries and soulful minerality, elements that also interplay on the palate before a memorable finish. However, CCOF certified grapes. SRP $25.
- Winemaker: Jeff Cichocki
- Appellation: California
- Alcohol: 13.5%
- PH: 3.63
- RS: .01
- TA: .56
Elysian: The Name and Label Design
Elysian refers to pastoral locations such as Bonterra’s organically farmed vineyards. However, in which animals, sheep, and other life forms, create a vital network of biodiversity, enhancing soil and grape quality. Additionally, the Elysian Collection Merlot’s striking label is:
- Deep black in color
- Free of copy
- Focused on a dramatically illustrated sheep framed by organic imagery
- Coupled with a non-traditional bottle shape for Merlot, offers a design-forward, modern and disruptive take on the traditional varietal
“We chose to launch with a Merlot as this varietal is among our most dynamic expressions, thanks to our incredible organic vineyards and the talent of our winemaker, Jeff Cichocki,” Peachey explained. “Additionally, Merlot remains one of the most food-friendly, delicious and crowd-pleasing wines.”
Additionally, “We’ll be adding new varietals before long to enhance the collection,” Peachey added.
Elysian Fast Facts
- Merlot appears in the #1 spot of a recent Wine Spectator Top 100 Wines list and is capturing “comeback” headlines in the press.
- Bonterra is recognized for excellence in Merlot; it’s classic. However, core collection Merlot regularly achieves scores of 90 points and above from scoring publications.
- For the Elysian Collection Merlot, Bonterra winemaker Jeff Cichocki hand-selects the best barrels. However, a significant portion of which comes from Bonterra’s esteemed estate vineyards.
- Farming organically for over 30 years. Therefore, the 2016 Wine Enthusiast American Winery of the Year, Bonterra, the right winery to release elevated offerings from organic fruit.
- Consumers increasingly take interest in products whose methods of cultivation and craftsmanship echo their green values. Therefore, the Elysian Collection speaks to this audience.
Try the new Organic Vinegar by De La Rosa
G-Fuel Energy Drink now in ready-to-drink Version
Absolut Vodka X Singer Lizzo: Get Juicy this Summer with New Launch
Jockey Launches Jockey Generation for the Entire Family