Krug Grande Cuvée is at the heart of the House of Krug: it is its raison d’être. Since 1843, Krug Grande Cuvée has embodied the utmost in excellence that Joseph Krug, the founder of the House of Krug, sought to give his clients, a Champagne of extreme generosity and absolute elegance, the very best every year.
- Deep golden colour and fine, vivacious bubbles, predicting fullness and elegance
- Aromas of flowers in bloom, ripe & dried fruit, marzipan, gingerbread and citrus fruits
- Flavours of hazelnut, nougat, barley sugar, jellied and citrus fruits, almonds, brioche and honey
The most generous Champagne in the world with exceptional finesse.
- KrugGrande Cuvée takes over twenty years to craft each bottle
- Blending so many vintages gives KrugGrande Cuvée its unique fullness of flavours and aromas, impossible to express with the wines of just a single year
- It is the first prestige cuvee re-created each year, beyond the very notion of vintage
- Together with Krug’s other cuvees, it has made Krugthe world’s best-rated Champagne for years
- Like all KrugChampagnes, it can age beautifully. The ID code, a six- digit number located on the upper left hand side of the back label, can be used as a reference to collect bottles and enjoy them later (more information in www.krug.com)
Krug Grande Cuvée’s timeless character and unforgettable sensations reconcile the paradoxical:
- Fullness and finesse, maturity and freshness
Krug Grande Cuvée is a very generous Champagne:
- A blend of around 120 wines from ten or more different vintages and three grape varieties
Krug Grande Cuvée’s exceptional finesse, moreover expressing through its subtle bubbles is: the result of resting for at least another six years in Krug ’s cellars
Krug Grande Cuvée lends itself to a plethora of culinary combinations, from the simplest to the most sophisticated, from an extra mature parmesan to a dish of turbot à la truffe.