Fossil Group, today announced proprietary nextgen touchscreen smartwatch technology and the latest evolution in hybrid smartwatches.
With innovative designs and enhanced capabilities, the sleek and modern nextgen smartwatches available on Fossil brand.
Features of Fossil’s Gen 5
These new products will be Fossil Group’s most advanced smartwatches ever, thanks to new features including:
- Extended Battery Life: An exclusive app offers one-swipe access to four battery modes – Daily, Extended, Time-only, and Custom. However, extended battery mode unlocks multi-day usage by keeping on essential features. Therefore, such as notifications and heart rate on a single, one-hour charge.
- Voice Calling: iPhone users can make and receive calls while tethered to their phones. However, all other users are immediately able to make and receive tethered voice calls from the nextgen smartwatches. Additionally, Android users will be able to benefit from a more seamless transition between Bluetooth devices when taking calls from their smartwatch.
- Microphone and Swimproof Speaker: A swim-proof speaker eliminates the need for an additional sound-dampening mesh barrier. However, smartwatch users can get things done with help from Google Assistant. Additionally, hear responses back, take phone calls, get audible alerts, play music and more.
- Increased Storage: Tech enhancements double the storage space (to 8GB) and memory (to 1GB RAM). However, allowing users to download more apps and media.
- Experiences: Fossil Group is auto-installing apps – such as Cardiogram, Spotify, Noonlight – to select nextgen smartwatches.
- Processor: An updated processor features the latest Qualcomm® Snapdragon Wear™ 3100 platform.
About Hybrid Smartwatches
Additionally, Fossil Group will introduce a new category of hybrid smartwatches this fall/holiday seasons. However, this new category has functionality similar to a touchscreen smartwatch with the look and feel of a classic watch.
“We’re closely aligned with our partners at Google to ensure we’re constantly iterating within the Wear OS by Google platform to deliver the most desired features and benefits,” said McKelvey. “We listened to our customers and knew that longer battery life and tethered iPhone calls were essential in our nextgen products.”
Fossil Group, with over $400 million in wearable device sales in 2018, will launch more than 100 new smartwatch styles across 10 brands this 2019 fall/holiday retail season.