Johnnie Walker is offering travellers the opportunity to explore more. To better understand the unique flavour profiles of Scotland’s four main whisky-producing regions. Moreover with the introduction of the limited edition Johnnie Walker Black Label Origin Series.
Throughout their near 200 years of history, Johnnie Walker feels pride in discovering and celebrating the finest malts from the four corners of Scotland. Johnnie Walker Black Label Origin Series is born out of that sense of exploration. Along with a thirst to find the best flavours that the four corners of Scotland have to offer.
About the collection
- A new collection of four, 12-year-old blended Scotch whiskies include incredible single malts from some of the world’s most famous distilleries.
- Each Scotch in the collection curates by crafting only using whiskies from a particular region.
- To capture the primary flavour characteristics of that area
- Equally giving global travellers the opportunity to discover the wide array of flavours Scotland has to offer.
Three of these limited editions blends exclusively from finest single malts. And a further edition expertly brings together quality single malt and grain whiskies to best represent the that region’s flavour profile.
The whiskies in the series are:
Johnnie Walker Black Label Highlands Origin has a rich and dark fruitiness, with red berry and stone fruit notes. It crafts exclusively from single malts from the Highlands, with whisky from Clynelish and Teaninich at its core.
Johnnie Walker Black Label Islay Origin has a slight spice and is for people want to explore whiskies with a warming maritime smokiness. It is made exclusively from exceptional Islay single malts, including Lagavulin and Caol Ila.
Johnnie Walker Black Label Speyside Origin is a light and fruity whisky with hints of cut green apples and orchard fruit. It is made exclusively from quality single malts from the Speyside region of Scotland, with whisky from the distilleries of Cardhu and Glendullan at its heart.
Johnnie Walker Black Label Lowlands Origin has a sweet, creamy vanilla character and notes of toffee. It is made exclusively from a variety of single malt and grain whiskies from the Lowlands including Glenkinchie and Cameronbridge.
- Travel retail is the only environment where whisky fans can purchase the entire collection until October 2019.
- To support this exclusive launch Diageo Global Travel will be activating a full 360 global campaign.
- The campaign includes exciting experiential opportunities, standout retailer partnerships and digital media activations.
- Moreover delivering a truly engaging experience for travelers this summer.
In order to help consumers navigate this complex category, the series packaging doubles as an accompanying guide to the whisky, and the region it comes from. Every limited edition pack comes with a map of Scotland. Equally highlighting the region that the whisky within originates from (Speyside, Highlands, Islay, or Lowlands). Along with interesting facts and trivia relating to that part of the country.
The Johnnie Walker Black Label Origin Series is available globally from July. It will be available in selected Travel Retail stores. However with an RRP of £35 / $46 USD / €40 EUR / $63 AUD / JPY 5000 for a 1L bottle.