Hungary Duty Free Allowance
Hungary comes within the European Union. If you are travelling from the UK, you are entitled to purchase fragrance, skincare, cosmetics, Champagne, wine, selected spirits, fashion accessories, gifts and souvenirs. All are at tax-free equivalent prices.
If you are travelling from within the EU, there is no limit on the amount or worth of goods you may import. However, providing your goods are for personal consumption. Goods imported for commercial purposes are subject to duty and the following guidelines:
- A Maximum of 800 cigarettes or 400 cigarillos or 200 cigars or 1kg of tobacco.
- Not more than 10L of spirits over 22%, 20L of alcoholic beverages less than 22%, 90L of wine (including a maximum of 60L of sparkling wine) and 110L of beer.
If you are arriving from a non-EU country, the following goods may be imported into Hungary by travellers who are over 17 years of age without incurring customs duty:
1. A maximum of 200 cigarettes or 100 cigarillos or 50 cigars or 250g of tobacco (if arriving by air).
2. Not more than 40 cigarettes or 20 cigarillos or 10 cigars or 50g of tobacco (if arriving by other means).
3. 4L of wine and 16L of beer and 1L of spirits over 22% or 2L of alcoholic beverages less than 22% is the permissible limit.
4. Other goods up to the worth of €430 for air travellers and €300 for other travellers (reduced to €150 for children under 15).
Meat or milk products and potted or rooted plants from outside of the EU. Pornography, drugs and unlicensed weapons.
Raw meat or milk products, potted or rooted plants. You can get a licence to export cultural goods which are more than 50 years old or have a commercial value of more than Ft50,000.
Suggested Read: What is duty-free shopping?