The De Rigo Vision Group is bringing its latest eyewear collections to Singapore this year. Focussing on the new Police Origins 1 SPL872 style exclusively designed for the new Men in Black™: International movie. The Men in Black agents wears the new style for their film. A strictly all-black glossy acetate sunglass with a square shape and iconic eagle logo of the ‘90s on the temples.
“Asia Pacific is a key business channel for De Rigo and Police is one of our best performing brands,” says Enrico Molin, Head of Sales Asia Pacific. “We’re convinced that the new Men in Black style will significantly drive sales; the launch receives support in key regional travel retail locations with high profile advertising and merchandising support, so it should be an exciting summer!”
De Rigo has announced two main Men In Black marketing campaigns for customers in Asia:
- HTB Sanya (CDFG): a full MIB window, a cashier wrapping and a MIB video screen installed on top of a dedicated gondola showing the movie trailer
- Bangkok downtown DT1 (King Power): the MIB video will be playing on its big screen (together with other King Power promotions), plus a dedicated brand-merchandising trailer
In both locations there will be a GWP campaign with a double counter card in English and Chinese text. Plus shelf talkers to highlight the MIB sunglasses displays. Apart from the two key promotional outlets:
- The GWP campaign will run in multiple airport, border and downtown outlets throughout Asia Pacific. With an emphasis on China (10 further locations) Cambodia (Phnom Penh and Siem Reap downtown), Bangkok (Suvarnabhumi airport and downtown), Australia (Perth and Melbourne airports), Hong Kong IA, Korea Busan airport, plus casinos in Macau and Malaysia Genting.
“We’re working throughout the region with multiple retailers and have been delighted at how positively they have all bought into the Men In Black promotions,” says Molin.
More from the brand:
- Alongside Origins 1 SPL872, De Rigo will showcase the latest Police collection including Style SPL890 that pays tribute to the brand’s history. Inspired directly by the most iconic Police styles of the ‘90s. The frame has a square metal front with a double bridge. Combined with a temple featuring the eagle logo and decoration with vertical lines. Elements that give it a vintage look taken directly from the brand’s bestsellers of the last century.
- In addition, the De Rigo Group will be showing the latest styles from the Furla collection of eyewear. “Furla is one of the industry’s leading fashion brands with a very strong travel retail presence in Asia Pacific, so we have strong hopes for the sunglasses collection in the region,” continues Molin.
- In Singapore, De Rigo will show a collection that interprets the essence of fine Italian manufacturing. Equally in a contemporary key, with the brand’s unmistakeably elegant style. The result is eyewear with a growing focus on apparently classic shapes, reinterpreted with catchy colour combinations. Including fluo shades – and lightweight, easy-to-wear materials such as plexiglass and rubber.
- This includes SFU284, an oversized aviator frame with a double metal bridge. And enriched with glittery plexiglass trim on the front piece and “bubble-effect” tone-on-tone mirror lenses.
New and notable styles from Carolina Herrera and Chopard 2019 Collections can also be seen on the stand. All the charm and exclusiveness of the Cannes Film Festival well expresses in a new jewelled frame. It is a creation by De Rigo Vision for Chopard and dedicated to the 72th Cannes Film Festival. Which is coming up May 14 through 25 at the Palais des Festivals.
The sunglass feature a a cat-eye clear acetate front piece with gold-coloured leaves. Also, 24 carat gold-plated mirror lens, jewelled metal temple microcast in a palm leaf shape, golden shadow coloured crystal decoration.
Concludes Molin: “Exclusive styles such as the Chopard jewelled frame always have particular appeal to Asian customer so we are expecting significant interest in this style from our regional buyers.”