The ‘LGBTQ Leisure Travel to Britain‘ research by Community Marketing & Insights, found that Britain’s historical and cultural attractions to be the top travel motivators for LGBTQ visitors. Additionally, with 76% sightseeing at famous buildings and monuments and 71% visiting museums and art galleries on the trip.
The survey also found that American LGBTQ visitors enjoyed the vibrancy of Britain’s cities with:
VisitBritain Senior Vice President for the Americas Paul Gauger said:
“It is no wonder Britain is such a popular destination for the LGBTQ community with our vibrant cities, unparalleled cultural offering, stunning countryside, and world-class attractions.
“We also know that global competition for visitors is fierce and people have a lot of choices. We must continue to highlight the equality and openness of Britain while addressing barriers to travel, promoting our message of welcome and value and highlighting experiences that research shows appeal to LGBTQ visitors from America.
- Britain’s countryside and outdoor activities appealed strongly to women.
- Two-thirds were interested in exploring small towns or the countryside in Britain.
- Going to the theatre also cited as an influencer particularly for male visitors
- LGBTQ-themed theatre considered as an important motivator for repeat visits to Britain.
- Younger LGBTQ visitors also attracted to quirky attractions and experiences in Britain. Such as unusual tours, themed activities and discovering hidden gems.
The research found that summer is the most popular time for the LGTBQ community to travel to Britain. However, spring and autumn also featured highly, demonstrating the potential to drive more seasonal tourism growth.
However, Britain is an expensive destination with the LGBTQ visitors, citing this as the top reason that might prevent them from taking a vacation.
Newark Liberty International Airport hosts first DJ Drag Brunch for LGBTQ
Palm Springs offer perfect LGBTQ destinations for a welcoming Summer getaway
Innovative Pride Bus by megabus.com to celebrate Pride Month
Police x Mercedes-AMG Petronas revealed New Collection
Fashion Influencer Vidhi Chauhan believes in ‘Less is More’