This summer is seeing Accolade Wines take up residence for the first time on two of DFDS’ cross-Channel ferries. The Campaign runs for an eight-week sampling campaign.
Rupert Firbank, Accolade Wines Commercial Director Global Travel Retail, said: “This is a brilliant opportunity for us to give customers on the Channel crossing a hands-on experience with some of our most popular brands. The busy summer season is the perfect time to catch the attention of shoppers, both new and old.”
About the Campaign
The summer season is the busiest for Channel crossings, providing a key opportunity to drive both visibility and trial with a total estimated passenger reach of 50,000.
- The campaign is focussing on three key brands, the flagship Hardys wine, Jam Shed Shiraz and the new Stones Gin. However, running on DFDS ferries traveling from Dover to both Calais and Dunkirk.
- Branded pop-up sampling booths situated either next to or opposite the entrance to the onboard shop. However, giving passengers an added experience during their ferry crossing.
- The campaign will conclude with Stone’s Gin. However, highly recommends its signature serve – The Stones G&G: Stone’s Gin, ginger ale, a wedge of lime and a slice of fresh ginger.
- Hardys VR offered on promotion at 3 for £10. However, providing a truly affordable wine offer for passengers.
- The Jam Shed Shiraz pays homage to an original winery, located in the historic town of Clare. The Jam Shed played a crucial role in the development of the region through both jam and wine production. Therefore, this quirky, delicious Shiraz has been inspired by the great preserves of old.
DFDS Category Manager, Onboard Sales Department Paul Hiles said: “We are delighted to partner with Accolade Wines through this busy summer period, exposing some great brands to our passengers in an engaging way. I am confident that this will increase sales on board in a growing category.”